Learn To Fly For Pleasure And Leisure
Learning to pilot an aero plane is one of life’s most satisfying experiences. Taking the controls for the first time, your first take off, your first solo flight – each one is a memorable milestone on your journey to becoming a pilot.
Once you have your private pilot’s licence (PPL), you’ll see the world in a different way. Anywhere with a landing strip becomes a potential destination. Being able to take friends and family on airborne adventures adds a new dimension to your life, and the amazing efficiency of air travel will never cease to amaze you.
Southern Wings can guide you through the course in a way that makes every lesson a pleasure.
A minimum of 50 hours flight time. Included in this flight time will be :
- At least 30 hours with an instructor on board, and
- At least 15 hours flying solo under the supervision of an instructor on the ground, and
- Terrain awareness training, and
- Various exercises beginning with basic handling skills, progressing to circuits where you will eventually go solo, then to more advanced handling skills and cross country navigation.
- Aviation law
- Aircraft technical knowledge
- Human factors
- Flight Radio (FRTO rating)
- An oral English exam
To fly solo you must:
- Be at least 16 of age, and
- Hold a Class 2 Aviation Medical Certificate.
- To qualify for a PPL you must :
- be at least 17 years old,
- gain a minimum of 50 flying hours,
- pass the six theory subjects that are part of the course curriculum, and
- pass a practical flight test at the conclusion of your training.
- There is no upper age limit for the Private Pilots Licence and it remains valid as long as you can demonstratecompetency in your flying and hold a current Class 2 Medical Certificate.
You don’t have to go through the application process if you want a PPL. Just give us a call and make your first booking!