- Students enrolled in a course which is cancelled prior to the commencement of the course shall be entitled to a complete refund of course fees.
- In the event of a course being cancelled after the commencement date, refund will be calculated on a pro rata basis.
- A student must give five days notice in writing prior to the course commencement of their intentions to withdraw from the course. In this event the student is eligible for a full refund. Failure to give notification will incur a %500 or 10% penalty of the course fee, whichever is lesser.
- Students withdrawing within the first eight days of the course for which attendance is required, shall be entitled to a refund of their course fees less $500.00 or 10% whichever is lesser. This clause is subject to the proviso students are liable for any flight training and other direct costs incurred prior to their withdrawal from the course up to 25% of the fees paid.
- Students withdrawing from a course after the first eight days of the course for which attendance is required shall not be entitled to a refund of course fees regardless of the duration of the course.
- Students who are removed from the course for whatever reason will not be entitled to a refund.
- Immigration New Zealand will be notified when a student has withdrawn or has been removed from a course and that student will have to go home.
- Southern Wings may, entirely at the discretion of the Board, grant a partial refund of course fees. The student must apply in writing no later than 30 days from the date of withdrawal from the course. Any such application must state the reasons for withdrawal. Applications for refund are to be addressed to:
The Chairman of Board of Directors
Mr Colin Sharp
Such refundable aircraft operating costs will be determined entirely at the discretion of Southern Wings Ltd and such costs will be updated on a half yearly basis. The refundable costs may include;